Pupil Premium 2011-12
Aldworth Science College received £79,916 pupil premium for the academic year 2011-12
This funding was used to support free school meal pupils to support their learning and enable them to make greater progress than they might previously have done. This has been achieved by using the money on strategies listed below, which are able to take place because they are part funded by pupil premium. The main school budget supports the rest of the cost to allow all pupils to access the support measures too. We feel this achieves best value for all pupils but allows us to focus on low income families as a priority.
The progress of pupil premium students is followed using SISRA data tracking software to allow teaching staff and SLT to monitor closely particular groups of students.
Pupil Premium Strategies 2011-12
- Use of third party organisation, Skillforce to provide alternative curriculum for 12 pupils – Fixed charge
- Funded cost of alternative curriculum options at local FE college (BCOT) – Fixed charge per pupil
- 1:1 Tuition within English and Maths (Teaching Assistant time in English, qualified teacher time in Maths) – Staffing cost
- Nurture group for year 7 – Staffing cost / resources budget
- Homework Club – Staffing cost
- Inclusion programme – staffing costs and laptops
- Small class sizes maintained – Staffing costs