Key Stage 3
All classes in KS3 are of mixed ability and spend one rotation in each of the subject areas, being taught by a subject specialist, in any one year. Pupils work will be assessed at the end of each unit and a level given based on the national curriculum identified skills.
The curriculum enables pupils to:-
- Identify and analyse problems requiring a designed solution.
- Plan and use relevant research to inform, and prepare criteria to follow when designing solutions.
- Think creatively about a number of possible solutions and evaluate and make considered choices.
- Investigate and evaluate products, systems and ideas identifying a “best fit” for purpose.
- Investigate manufacturing systems and new technology and relate this to every day products.
- Develop skills in the application and use of CAD CAM.
- Become competent in a range of practical and transferable skills.