To be a vibrant learning community with an ethos of ambition and achievement
Respect yourself and others
Endeavour to do your best
Achieve your full potential
- We have an ethos of ambition and achievement, striving to maximise the potential of each student.
- We recognise that each student is a unique individual and we value his or her contribution to our school community.
- We provide care, support and encouragement in a disciplined environment.
- We work to overcome barriers such as low self-esteem or low aspirations, developing strategies to increase confidence.
- We encourage participation in the wider aspects of school and community life.
The Department for Education have reinforced the need to "create and enforce a clear and rigorous expectation on all schools to promote the fundamental British values of democracy, the rule of law, individual liberty, mutual respect and tolerance of those with different faiths and beliefs".
As a school we promote these values on a daily basis and they are embedded across the school. We also use opportunities within themed assemblies, our tutor ethos programme, lessons and through promotion of spiritual, moral, social and cultural development (SMSC).
We evaluate our provision regularly and look for other opportunities for promoting our ethos as well as the wider values of our society.