Reading 4 Rewards
This scheme is designed to encourage students to read a wide variety of text in order to develop their reading skills.
For each completed activity students will earn 1 credit and a commendation if they complete 10 different activities. Students will need to prove you they have completed each task. A member of the English team (or tutor) is able to stamp their planner on the Reading 4 Rewards page.
The reading activities are:
- Read a graphic novel
- Read a newspaper
- Read a classic novel
- Read an autobiography
- Read a magazine related to a hobby/activity
- Keep a reading journal for half a term
- Read a ‘New Release’ from the library
- Recommend a book to your tutor group
- Read an e-book
- Get 100% on a Renaissance Reading quiz
- Ask someone in your family to read a book you have read and discuss it
- Read a complete text written by Shakespeare