Learning Resource Centre
The Learning Resource Centre (LRC) will be open daily from between 8.30am and 2.55pm. The LRC is open after school for year 11 revision until 4.30pm Monday –Thursday and 4pm on a Friday. However, there may be time when it is closed for staff meetings, administration reasons or other purposes.
Learning Resource Centre Facilities
There is a wide selection of fiction and non-fiction books. We are constantly adding new stock, so if there is a book that you want to see on the shelves just let us know and we will see what we can do!
You can... Search, reserve or download resources from your school LRC and across the Reading Cloud. Click on the following link to access the Reading Cloud and use your student login.
- Word of the Day
- Fact of the Day
- Featured Author
- Star Review
- Meet the Author Videos
- Trending searches
- Most Popular Books
A small selection of DVDs are available for overnight or weekend loans. These are loaned on the same basis as the books.
The LRC computers can be used during breaks and during lessons with the permission of your teacher. We also have a small selection of tablets available which need to be signed for during lesson time. Demand for the computer is high. These computers should not be used for checking personal emails.
Fiction books are in alphabetical order by the author's SURNAME as well as by genre. Non-fiction books can be found by subject category and number. There are labels and subject headings to help you find your way around. There is also a subject index in the LRC to help you find what you are looking for. If you need further help please ask Mrs Harding or a pupil librarian.
- This space is for everyone to use as an area to study, read and for recreation.
- Feel free to discuss your studies, but please do so quietly. Respect other students at all times and do not run around.
- No eating in the LRC, even during after school clubs. If you come in with food you will be asked to leave.
- Take good care of the books. If you damage one please tell Mrs Harding.
- Students using the LRC will need a note from their teacher.
- Mis-use of any equipment or facilities will result in a ban.