Science is taught in eight laboratories by a team of well qualified, experienced and enthusiastic specialists who look forward to the challenges of delivering the science curriculum in the 21st century. The department is fully equipped with access to PCs and the Internet. The teaching staff are well supported by three technicians. We have good links with feeder schools, local colleges, commerce and industry.
What can we offer your child?
- A high quality and enjoyable science education for all, with courses pitched to students' needs.
- The opportunity to:
- participate in science based visits
- represent the School in science competitions
- attend Science enhancement sessions for support
- Separate Biology, Chemistry and Physics to GCSE level with no extra demands on the timetable.
- Students consistently achieve good results at Key Stage 3 and Key Stage 4, with a huge majority of students making progress in their levels of attainment equivalent to national averages.
- The separate science students continue to do well.
- All students, whatever their ability, are entered for GCSE Science (separates or trilogy). A significant proportion undertake triple Science every year.
For more detailed information on the curriculum, please see the document below.