Free School Meals
Free school meals are available only to children whose parents/guardians are in receipt of one or more of the following benefits:
- Income Support
- Income-based Job Seekers' Allowance
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- Support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- the Guaranteed element of State Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit, provided you are not also entitled to Working Tax Credit, and have an annual gross income, of no more than £16,190 as assessed by Her Majesty's Revenue and Customs1
- Working Tax Credit run-on - paid for 4 weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit
- All Universal Credit claimants are currently eligible for education benefits’
No other benefits qualify for free school meals.
Proof of benefit is required before free meals can be authorised.
If you think your child may be eligible for Free School Meals, either download and complete the form from this website or contact the school for an application form. We would be pleased to help you with the application process. The form should be handed in to the school finance office. There is also a self-service option for parents to check if they are eligible at https://www3.hants.gov.uk/hc3s/freeschoolmeals