Pupil Premium /Catch-up Premium
What is Pupil Premium?
The Pupil Premium (PP) is additional funding given to schools in England to raise the attainment of disadvantaged pupils and close the achievement gap between them and their peers. The funding is available to the following groups of students:
- Students who are eligible for Free School Meals (FSM).
- Students that have been eligible for FSM in the last six years (FSM Ever 6).
- Students who are looked after or in care (LAC).
- Students who are under special guardianship.
- Students from a forces background.
The school receives quarterly funding for each of the groups of students in varying amounts, which must be used to support students or take away financial barriers that could be hindering their progress within school. The government expects the school to track each of the student’s progress and how the funding is being spent.
We will continue to use the Pupil Premium funding to support students to raise standards and attainment. The funding has been used in a number of different areas, including but not limited to:
- Teaching staff - to employ additional teaching staff to reduce class sizes and improve attainment
- Coaching/Mentoring - to help students achieve their full potential, offering additional support to those students who need greater intervention
- Basic equipment provision – to ensure students are prepared for learning
- Key support staff - to support pupils' attendance, self-esteem and attitudes to learning
- Wider curriculum experience - to enhance the curriculum, ensure the children are able to participate and to give children the opportunity to experience new and challenging activities
Please have a look at our Pupil Premium Report for a more detailed analysis of how we spend our Pupil Premium.
If your son/daughter does not have Free School Meals, but may be eligible because of your family's income level, please contact us (in confidence) to allow us to assist you in registering him/her. Even if you do not wish them to have the meals, the school could still claim Pupil Premium funding that may be used to help your child.
For more details about the Pupil Premium please visit:
To apply for Free School Meals please visit:
Coronavirus (COVID-19) Catch-up Premium
Government funding to support children and young people to catch up lost time after school closure. This is especially important for the most vulnerable and disadvantaged backgrounds.